Frequently Asked Questions
- Why hire a professional to write my resume or CV?
Professional writers know how to write impressive resumes that usually get people invites to interviews. Our certified resume writers know how to craft a resume that will effectively highlight your qualifications and positive attributes, giving prospective employers all the right information. These resumes will get you interview invitations for some of the best jobs in the career of your choice. Of course, anyone could write their own resume using all the advice that is freely available both online and in do-it-yourself books, but is it worth the risk? ResumesPlanet.com guarantees a well-written resume designed to get results.
- What is a Certified Professional Resume Writer?
According to Frank Fox, Executive Director of the Professional Association of Resume Writers, the Certified Professional Resume Writer is a person who has met industry standards for achieving client-strategic goals and has mastered the craft of resume preparation. The designation means that a CPRW has achieved these excellent resume-writing standards by using all available modern techniques. If you entrust your resume to a CRW (or NCRW), you can be sure that it will speak for you.
Ordering a resume
- What is turnaround time for resume writing?
Although it is advisable to give us at least 72 hours to work on your resume, you can, in an emergency, get your resume crafted in as little as 48 or 24 hours. Either way, the quality of your resume will not be compromised.
- Who will be working on my resume?
We work with nearly 200, certified, resume writers who specialize in writing resumes for approximately 40 different career fields. For any individual projects, we assign the resume to a writer in the same field.
- How do I know which level I need to select when ordering my
There are 6 career levels that you can choose from.
- The Entry Level: This is meant for recent college or university graduates and for professionals with 0-2 years of work experience.
- The Professional Level: This is meant for professionals who already have a certain amount of experience and occupy a position in their profession.
- The Career Change Level: This is for individuals who want to change their profession mid-way through their careers.
- The Executive Level: This is intended for C-level professionals i.e. Directors, VPs, Presidents, General Managers, etc.
- The Military Level: This is meant for officers or army officials who want to find civil employment.
- The Federal Level: This is for those individuals who would like to obtain government jobs. More information is available on our main page. If you would like one-on-one assistance to discuss which category you fall under, feel free to contact our highly qualified Support Team either via live chat, email, or phone with our toll-free numbers. We are open 24/7 so that you may call at your convenience.
- What formats can you create my resume in?
You can receive your resume in any of the following formats: scanned, electronic, or web. Generally, most employers utilize special filters like scanners or OCR to optimize their hiring process. In this case, to be noticed by a filter, a good, scanned version of your resume is often required. The electronic version is meant to be posted online or sent to prospective employers via e-mail. The web resume allows room for creativity. You can present your resume in a more attractive manner, have full control over it, and allow prospective employees the chance to peruse it at their leisure.
- What is the difference between CV and Resume?
The primary difference between a CV and a resume is their respective lengths, content, and purpose. A resume is basically a short, concise summary of all your achievements, skills, and education. It should never exceed two pages. A CV, on the other hand, is a more detailed version of one's education, achievements, and experience. It offers a detailed view into a person's professional life and can exceed two pages in length.
- What are the Top 10 Job Sites that are indicated in your
website? Do you also give tips on job interviews?
The Top 10 Job Sites and Interview Tips that you can see on our website are the free additional advantages that our website has to offer. The services may be downloaded or ordered in packages along with our main products from your personal profile on the website. Feel free to use these services.
- What are your discount packages?
Our discount packages can be viewed here.
- Where can I view samples of your resume?
The samples are available to view here.
- What is resume distribution for? Which employment agencies
will you send my resume to?
We offer our clients this as an additional service to help them in their job search. Once the resume has been approved by the client, we offer to send it to 100 US job sites. If you take advantage of this offer, the list of employment agencies that have received your resume will be sent to your e-mail once the distribution process has been completed. This step is to ensure that we help you to get the maximum number of invitations to job interviews with the least amount of effort on your part.
- How can I communicate with the writer?
Our system of resume writing is unique because it is designed to give the client maximum interaction with us and their resume writer throughout the entire process. Once a writer has been assigned to work on your resume, feel free to take advantage of our special messaging systems to correspond with your writer. Additionally, you can keep track of how the resume writing is progressing and can pass on any additional instructions that you feel are relevant. You can also contact our Support Team in case of emergencies. Simply call or e-mail us! We are open 24/7.
- Can I ask for revisions?
We are here to ensure that your resume meets all your expectations and requirements. However, if you feel that there is something lacking in your resume, you can send it for an unlimited number of revisions. The service is free of cost. To do this, simply press the 'Revision Request' tab provided in the 'Order Details' on your Personal Profile page. Fill in the instructions for the revision along with any further requests you want to make. For further information regarding the service, please take a look at our Guarantee page.
- What if I don't like the completed resume? What is your
Our organization aims for perfection. If you are not completely satisfied with your resume, feel free to contact us for corrections. We offer virtually unlimited free revisions to suit the specific demands of our clients. If the re-edited resume still does not meet your expectations, you may request a refund. Refunds must be requested within three days of completion of the order.
- Do I still have to upload my resume if I already filled out
the form? How can I upload files?
Yes. We need all the necessary information to design an excellent resume for you. To provide us the details for your resume, you can give us either a copy of your current resume or fill out the resume form on our website. You may even do both. To do so, just click on the Continue tab after confirming all your payment details. This will enable you to upload your current resume or fill out the resume form provided. Furthermore, you can send addition information and instructions to our email at email@example.com or you can provide them to one of our online Support Representatives.
Confidentiality, security, guarantees
- How can you guarantee privacy on my personal contact details and
credit card information?
We have a policy of never disclosing our clients' personal information to any third party. Your personal, contact, and credit card information are all safe with us.
- What is the guarantee that I will get a call for an
Our organization works hard to keep our customers satisfied. Therefore, if you do not receive any invitations to job interviews within 30 days of receiving your resume, please contact us over the following five working days. At that point, we can revise your resume to your complete satisfaction. There are no extra charges for this additional service. For further details, please visit our Guarantee page.
- Need our Help?get our help!
Terri has been instrumental in helping ResumesPlanet create a distinct, reputable brand that resonates with customers. As marketing manager for ResumesPlanet, Terri evaluates business needs and communication objectives to develop brand strategy, messaging
Nelnet provides innovative education-related products and services - such as college test prep, tuition payment plans, student loan servicing, and more - that help students, families, and schools reach their goals.
Emir is devoted to improving the customer experience. Through interactive design and art direction, he simplifies websites so users can find what they want - quickly and easily. Emir has translated the latest